Saturday, August 13, 2011

Tiger's Curse by Colleen Houck



From Goodreads:
Passion. Fate. Loyalty.

Would you risk it all to change your destiny?


 









The last thing 17-year old Kelsey Hayes thought she’d be doing this summer was trying to break a 300-year-old Indian curse. With a mysterious white tiger named Ren. Halfway around the world. But that’s exactly what happened. Face-to-face with dark forces, spellbinding magic, and mystical worlds where nothing is what it seems, Kelsey risks everything to piece together an ancient prophecy that could break the curse forever.

Tiger’s Curse is the exciting first volume in an epic fantasy-romance that will leave you breathless and yearning for more.

Oh Gosh. What can I say about this book...it..was...AWESOME!!! I'm not going to lie, it starts off a little slow as we meet Kelsey Hayes, a girl that just graduated high school, and is looking for a job. She gets hired at a circus and we share some of her experiences, but more so her growing relationship with a white tiger named Ren...well actually Dhiren. Now, Ren was showing some pretty strange behavior. It was like he was a person, inside of a tiger!! That's pretty lame right?? lol some might think. Okay, getting back on track. An old man by the name of Kadam comes to "buy" Ren, and after talking to Kelsey, takes them both to India, all expenses paid I might add. She learns the truth of the "real" Ren, and has some pretty conflicted love issues with him. All this fun just for her to turn around and leave Ren, who falls for her, all by his self, and leaves me screaminf "DON'T WORRY REN, ILL COME TO YOU!!!"

Did I say I love this book? The way Colleen took me to India and let me taste all the different types of food, and smell the different smells, was way too real. I often had to check to make sure I was still at home! I could easily relate to Kelsey and her feel her emotions for Ren throughout the book. I really appreciate the fact that I actually got to see Kelsey fall for Ren instead of "He touched me and I fell in love!" I really don't like those.

Ren's character was very sweet. He wasn't the typical bad boy but he wasn't the mushy mushy type either. You could tell that he wasn't from the same generation as Kelsey, his ways were way too chivalrous. A dude like him in these time would be ate alive!!!

Also you meet Kishan, Ren's younger brother. Although you get much of him he is still a major part in the book. He stayed in the jungle for his 300 cursed years so he knows nothing of the real world but a girl cant help but fall for his boyish charm and flirtatious way. *dreamy sigh* Yea...Kishan is awesome.

Overall this book was really good to me once I got past the first few chapters. It has good, well developed characters, an exciting plot, and a very mean clifhanger! YAY :/ I give this book 5 stars!!!! Or hearts...whatever fits your fancy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment so we can be besties!!!