Sunday, August 14, 2011

The Mating (Law of the Lycans, #1)

From GoodReads:

Elise had no idea when she came home that day that she'd end up mated to a complete stranger. A new Alpha and the need for an alliance between packs have made her a pawn. 



EXCERPT: She lay beside him, staring blankly at the ceiling. The deed was done. They were mated. It didn't matter that she had no love for him nor he for her. Political alliances were more important than feelings...



Let me start by saying, I love me some wolves!!!! So angry and sexy!!! Am I right??? This book is free!!!! With that being said, I was very skeptical about reading but after running out of books I was like “Eh, what the hey, let’s read it!!!” So right from the jump, I’m sucked into the book. It was absolutely exciting. Although I didn’t care too much for Elise, I felt for her. Being taken away from home and having sex with a stranger because your daddy said so would be very stressful! It couldn’t have been me. But back to this awesome book, I know I make it seem bad but Kane, the alpha she is mated with, is very sweet. He doesn’t push her into anything. I really enjoyed his character, but I wish there was more about how he felt and what he was thinking. I didn’t feel like I got to know Kane like how I got to know the other members of the pack. Marla…that little…UGH! Talk about conniving and two faced. She was most definitely the most hated character in the book. Then there’s the mysterious Rayne, Kane’s half-brother.  Just as sexy and angry as Kane only with blue eyes. Not much to say about him besides he is a pretty big problem for the pack…or is he???

I loved the plot in this book. Just when I thought I had it figured out, BAM! I ended up dead wrong. I loved the mystery of the book and the sex scenes were refreshing and not too prude. The only issue I had with this book as I said earlier, I wanted to get to know Kane a little bit more, so I give this book 4 out of 5 mario stars!!! (Who doesn't love a good Mario game?)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment so we can be besties!!!