Sunday, March 30, 2014

Another Day in the Yard


The past few days here in Houston have been terribly cold, windy, and rainy. I'm a little confused because, I'm sure by this time of year we are dying from heat waves. I don't know if I'm complaining but...I have some yard work to do!!! Well Saturday was beautiful. Not to hot, sun shining...no bees, which is always a good thing lol. I actually got Danny up and had him come out and help me, before his allergies started getting the better of him. Take a look!
Yea, I had him cutting down tree limbs with no safety goggles (evil laugh). Luckily we both came out with our eyes unharmed lol. Today was pretty much demolition day in the back yard. A lot of cutting limbs and trimming bushes. I'm afraid of the clean up that I now have to do.

















The junk around the tree was probably the hardest part of the day. I don't know if you guys can see the purple plant that over ran the planter but that bad boy has some roots on it! I still feel my arms getting ready to fall off any second now lol. You can see where I pretty much hacked down any bush that was back there. My plan is to put some pretty shade plants around the tree and maybe put my raised planter on the side of the fence shown in the picture next to the tree.
Do you guys have any flower suggestions to go by the tree?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment so we can be besties!!!